SULFUR FOR TIER III ANALYSIS
Midwest Laboratories Inc | Reference Method ASTM D 5453
Description of Program
Midwest Laboratories uses ASTM D 5453 – Sulfur analysis as the reference method for Sulfur TIER III Analysis and have carried out the required quality validation.
Supporting clients is our biggest focus, and through this process, we have tried to deliver a high-quality program that follows the required analytical methods and regulations regarding shipment of the samples. As a result, Midwest Laboratories has worked with the proper regulating bodies and renewable energy organizations to offer customers the ability to ship samples in compliance with regulations.
The Midwest Laboratories Program offers clients the following:
- Analysis with reference method ASTM D 5453
- Sample shipping kit that meets regulations for shipping samples using limited quantity, (no additional hazmat paperwork)
- Instructions for sending NEAT ethanol – Must be 2% denatured
For more information, please contact a representative at Midwest Laboratories. 402-334-7770
I am not sure about the best, but I would say Midwest Laboratories is one of the most complete laboratories for FSMA Testing. Midwest Laboratories has a 10-building campus which conducts food testing in a variety of laboratories.
What types of testing does Midwest Laboratories do?
Midwest Laboratories analyzes samples for various industries:
- Agriculture: soil testing, plant testing, fertilizer testing, water testing, fertilizer
- Environmental: water, wastewater, compost, biosolids
- Pet Food: microbiology, proximates, meat speciation, HACCP, Vitamins, Pesticides
- Animal Feed: mycotoxins, proximates,
- Food: shelf life, GMO, nutritional labels, allergens, sensory, ingredients, microbiology
- Fuels: Ethanol, DDGs, wastewater
- Home/Small Business: nutritional labeling, calorie counts, water quality testing
What type of FSMA Analysis does Midwest Laboratories offer?
FSMA analysis looks at preventive controls for food production.
- Food Producers: ingredient testing, allergen testing, GMO testing, nutritional labeling, calorie counts, water quality, microbiology analysis, salmonella, e.Coli
- Food Growers: soil fertility, water quality, pesticide residue, heavy metals
- Food Retailers: calorie counts, allergens, GMO, shelf life testing
What other services does Midwest Laboratories offer?
The following services are some of the services our customers value the most.
- Online access to reported analysis results
- Supplies for collecting and shipping samples
- Support from client service and account managers
- Certification as outlined by ISO 17025 and other supporting certification for ag and environmental areas.
- One laboratory, campus location, centrally located in the United States
What factors should food growers/producers look for in a laboratory regarding FSMA Testing?
Some of the items mentioned below can make all of the difference when it comes to receiving analysis in a timely, professional manner.
- Certifications – Many laboratories work hard to maintain certifications. It speaks volumes regarding their quality programs.
- Turnaround time – Make sure the laboratory is able to keep up with analysis completed in a timely manner. On the average, most Midwest Laboratories analysis is completed in 3 to 5 days once the samples are received.
- Pricing – Some laboratories price their analysis much lower, but they do not offer supplies or service regarding results. Make sure to check into what types of services a lab can provide in addition to analysis. (Examples: supplies, support, convenience, certification, rush service availability)
- Staff – Make sure the laboratory is easily accessible regarding client support and hours of operation.
- Website functionality – Many times, clients want the ability to check out analysis pricing and results. Make sure information regarding lab analysis is available online.
- Professionally Trained FSMA Staff – On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 – Twenty-one Midwest Laboratories Office and Laboratory Staff attended professional training on FSMA regulations through AIB International. The Management Team at Midwest Laboratories thought it was critical that laboratory and client service staff understand the basics of the FSMA regulations in order to answer questions more precisely regarding laboratory’s role with respect to the food production process.
“We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to selecting a laboratory to meet your FSMA testing needs, please consider Midwest Laboratories. Let us know how we can answer any questions you might have. “~Brent Pohlman | President
This week the National ACRES Conference gets underway in Omaha. (November 30 – December 2, 2016)
Our staff at Midwest Laboratories have been attending this show over the past seven years and we have made a number of great connections at this show. We are really excited that this year the conference is in our backyard, Omaha, Nebraska.
The ACRES Conference is a great conference with an impressive list of speakers and topics in the area of sustainable and production-scale organic farming.
If you are planning on attending the conference this week, consider stopping by our booth or better yet, stop by the laboratory and learn more about your sample analysis. See the process first-hand.
Welcome to Omaha!
Have a Great Thanksgiving Celebration!
Celebrate this time with family and friends and be thankful for the blessings you have received.
Thanksgiving Food Safety Tips
Check out these Thanksgiving Tips and make sure your celebration is a fun and safe one!
How the Thanksgiving Holiday has Evolved
Take a few minutes and see how Thanksgiving became a national holiday.